Sleep is absolutely necessary for your overall health and well-being. We spend up to one-third of our lives asleep.
Sleep is vital to maintaining mood, memory, and cognitive functions. Sleeping restores the majority of human body systems. Your body systems.
Table of Contents
Sleep Is Vital For Your Health And Well-being
Your brain and body need sleep to recover. Adults usually sleep between six and nine hours a night.
You usually don't have to worry about getting too little sleep. It's common and not dangerous to occasionally have a night when you sleep poorly or not at all.
If it's a single night, you may feel tired and less creative the next day, but most people still manage to do everyday tasks.
Your sleeping routine usually returns to normal by itself.
But if you sleep too little night after night, you'll get more and more tired and weary over time.
Going without adequate sleep for longer periods will affect your everyday life and your health.
Set routines and sleep better
Here are 4 basic routines for better sleep that you can choose to implement tonight!
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet and cool
- The ideal temperature is 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit or 16-19 degrees Celsius
- If you find that traffic noise or other noise is bothering you, earplugs may help
- Turn away your clock:
Out of sight, out of mind!
- You might feel a lot of stress from looking at the clock and seeing how the time for sleep decreases or knowing how long until you have get up
- Don't bring your mobile, laptop or tablet to bed
- The blue light disrupts your circadian rhythms, making it difficult to fall asleep
- You need to limit your sensory inputs and relax both in body and mind
reader/night modeon your device to lower the light won't stop you from thinking and engaging with the screen
- Don't lie awake in your bed for long
- Get out of bed if you haven't fallen asleep after half an hour
- The bed itself can become a stress factor if the brain associates it with sleepless hours
- Instead of lying awake in bed, you can do something quiet, such as reading or listening to relaxing music. When you feel sleepy, it's time to go back to bed
All Our Different Perspectives On Sleep
Below you'll find our different perspectives on sleep.
Pick one and learn something new!
Recommended By Care Omnia: Healthy Sleep (What & Where To Buy)
Want to sleep better? Here you'll find our top recommendations for products and services for better sleep quality.
Sleep Aids For Better Sleep
Sleep aids can be a solution if you have trouble sleeping. But they are only for short-term sleeping difficulties.
Learn more about sleeping aids and see if there might be something that can help you in your quest for better sleep, in Sleep Aids For Better Sleep.
Sleep Strategies For Better Sleep
There's a lot of effective methods and strategies that you can implement in your daily routine to enhance your sleep quality.
Learn about many of them in Sleep Strategies For Better Sleep