By using our site you agree to have read and accepted all of them.
Table of Contents
Read this first (Important!)
Care Omnia or our site does not provide medical information, advice, diagnosis or treatment. We urge you to consult with your doctor or other medical professional before you follow any advice, information or other suggestions that we provide.
We are committed to providing information on a wide variety of topics related to Healthy Living, and rather than filtering certain types of information that may or may not be applicable to any one individual's personal health and/or lifestyle, we rely on you, our reader, to choose the information that is most appropriate for you.
The contents of our site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on or provided by the site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or lifestyle. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or experienced on our site!
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 (or your country's emergency phone number) immediately.
Care Omnia or the site does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the site. Reliance on any information provided by Care Omnia, Care Omnia employees, others appearing on the site at the invitation of Care Omnia, or other visitors to the site is solely at your own risk.
The original editorial information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or lifestyle.
External links to other websites
Our site, products or services, may have links to other websites. These are provided for your convenience and reference only. We are not responsible for any content on any external website. We do not endorse, have any affiliation or association with the external websites owner or operator if not expressly disclosed.
Exclusion of liability, indemnification
The content on our site, products and services are provided "as is". We provide you as a visitor our perspective on what we believe might enhance a healthy living but we accept no responsibility, liability or claims of indemnification for any action or non-action you or others take from any of the contents of our site, our products or services or the external links we provide.
We do not provide health advice, medical treatment or other health-related information/advice/suggestions. We only provide our perspective/narrative to you and if you choose to listen and act or not act on that narrative is up to you and solely your responsibility. The contents on our site and our products and services are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. We urge you to always seek advice from your medical professional before making changes (or not making changes) to your or your loved ones lifestyle.
As a user of our site, products or services you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, Care Omnia and the employees of Care Omnia, harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements resulting from your use of our site, products or services.
You as a visitor should not assume that the content we provide is up-to-date or contains current accurate information. We add content at our discretion and we reserve the right to change or choose not to change the information at any time.
Care Omnia is based in Sweden and you expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Care Omnia or in any way relating to your use of our site, our products or our services, resides in the courts of Stockholm, Sweden.
We respect your privacy.
The data your visit produces is not in any way possible to link to personally identifiable information.
You control how we use your data
Google Analytics and AdSense collects and uses data, and offer users the opportunity to opt-out or otherwise take control of their personal information.
You can access these controls through the links below
- Google + AdSense
We follow best practices to avoid sending Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to Google when collecting Analytics data.
You can read the document which we refer to here.
What is mandated from Google (from the best practice document at Google): "To protect user privacy, Google policies mandate that no data be passed to Google that Google could use or recognize as personally identifiable information (PII)."..."When implementing Analytics on a property, follow the best practices in this article to reduce the risk of passing PII to Google."
Section by section (from the best practice document)
- User ID
- We do not use any User Identifiers that are sent to Google Analytics (offline or online) at this moment. We will update this policy if this changes in the future.
- Page URLs and titles (including AdSense)
- We use POST if and when we implement forms.
- We do not use URL's tthat have PII at the moment but if we were to do it in the future we would replace all PII in the URL to unique site-specific identifiers.
- Link in emails from us are also free from PII. We use the same method as we do with unique site-specific identifiers in URLs.
- We do not use keywords for targeting purposes at this moment. We will update this policy if this changes in the future.
- We do not use any PII in URLs or Titles on our site at this moment. We will update this policy if this changes in the future.
- PII entered by users
- We remove all PII from user-entered information before it is sent to Analytics.
- Data Import
- We do not upload data to Google Analytics. The only data that Analytics gets from our site is through the use of the Google Analytics Tracking Code.
- Analytics features and privacy risks
- We do not send any PII to Analytics when using the features described in the "Best Practice document".
- We do not collect GPS or fine-grained location information. We do track from which country a user is connecting from to be able to show the user an appropriate affiliate site/marketplace. This we believe enhances the user experience of our site. We will update this policy if this changes in the future.
- Read section: "Page URLs and titles" above for specifics.
- Hashed and salted PII
- We do not send Google Analytics data other than the data that is collected through the use of the Google Analytics Tracking Code.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file (often including a unique identifier), that is sent to a user's browser from a website's computers and stored on a user's computer or on a tablet or mobile device (collectively, "Computer"). A Cookie stores a small amount of data on your Computer about your visit to the Site.
What cookies do we use?
We respect your privacy. We at Care Omnia do not, ourselves, implement cookies for the site to work. We expect this to not change but if so we will update this section.
However, we use services from actors specified below
1. Google Analytics and AdSense
We use Analytics as a way to see what kind of traffic reaches our site. Analytics Cookies allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than the usage of a single person.
AdSense is used to display ads. Below are all the steps and considerations we have executed to safeguard your privacy in regards to Analytics and AdSense.
Analytics and AdSense collects and uses data, and offer users the opportunity to opt-out of or modify/take control of the personal information that is used by Google. Please go to Googles privacy and terms to read more.
If you're visiting us as a logged in Google user
Google Analytics collects additional information about your activity on the web and also during your visit to our site, if you're logged in with your Google account.
We've instructed Google to store/use this information from your visit to our site for 2 months (the shortest available period).
You can control the use, collection and retention of this information through their My Activity page.
We do not provide Amazon with any user data directly but the ads we use provided by Amazon does. Please read our Ad- and Affiliate Program Disclaimer to learn more.
Additional resources and information
- More information about Google's data practices
- Google has an article that summarizes Google Analytics' data practices and commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of data. Visitors to sites or apps using Google Analytics (aka "users") may learn about our end user controls. Read about it here.
- Opt-Out available
- Google has implemented a way for users to opt-out from Google Analytics. We ask you to read more about it here.
- Take control of your information with Googles help
- You can control and/or delete information that Google has or collects about you through their My Activity page.
AD and Affiliate Programs Policy
Please read more about why and what Ad- and Affiliate Programs we participate in here.
GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (EEA)
GDPR is regulation that in essence provides increased protection for PII (personally identifiable information) and the way that information is gathered, processed, securely stored and eventually deleted. The information gathered has to be the minimal amount required to do a pre-determined task for which the user has given hir or her consent.
At this moment we make the determination that we do not gather, process, store and therefor have no need to delete personally identifiable information about our users on our site.
Read more about what consent is required for cookies according to the EU Internet Handbook here.
Google manages data in its ads products. Please read how they do it and how it relates to GDPR here.
If you wish to come in contact with us regarding GDPR you can use our Contact Us page.
Our Editorial Policy
We regularly review our content to avoid errors, but we cannot guarantee full correctness of all content. If you find an error and want to suggest a correction or want to comment on something you've experienced on our site we ask you to contact us through our Contact Us page here.
- User ID